05 Mar First National Conference of Traditional Hellenic Medicine
Visit our Conference Page at: https://traditionalhellenicmedicine.gr/
Today, more than ever, it is necessary to keep our connections with the living Tradition, something that can prove especially useful for the welfare of humanity. In every local tradition there are fragments of solid ancient knowledge, carrying within them vast wisdom. In that sense, the Traditional Hellenic Medicine includes the sum of the teachings of Hippocrates and the other great Greek physicians. The grandmother that was performing bleeding cupping 50 years ago carried inside her the ancient curriculum of Hippocrates on phlebotomy. All the herbs and formulas in the Hellenic tradition, healing the people for centuries, are also a Hippocratic legacy. Although, for a very long time, the Traditional Hellenic Medicine was flourishing and influencing other systems on international level (Persian Medicine, Unani Medicine, Tibetan Medicine etc.), it suddenly fell into a state of defiance, taunt and oblivion, about 50 years ago. Ιn 2020, the dominant modern scientific Medicine, is facing a pandemic, that is unable to control. Although the fact that modern scientific Medicine is affected by severe decay and corruption, its representatives, nurses and medical doctors, offer themselves with self-sacrifice, in an effort to relieve the patients. We are reaching out towards these remarkable people for cooperation and mutual help, so to assist and definitely not to harm the patients.
This Conference’s purpose is to highlight forgotten knowledge of simple folk wisdom and medicine, which can greatly help in the treatment of contemporary and future patients. Every significant practical knowledge on human survival can prove especially valuable during these critical times. We certainly have to take advantage of this vast wealth of folk wisdom, imbedded in the Traditional Hellenic Medicine. On this moment, when the only hope is based on a dubious and inhuman proposal of a mandatory vaccine, the dead end of a path paved by the ideology of the modern scientific Medicine, Hippocrates’ voice can dissipate the darkness of fear and restore the light back into our hearts and thoughts.
The targets of the First National Conference of the Traditional Hellenic Medicine include:
- The resuscitation of ancient knowledge existing in the Hellenic folk medicine, which can contribute to the better management of the pandemic, for the benefit of the patients.
- The remembrance of the works of Hippocrates and the other great Greek physicians. Their medical reasoning is still remarkable and we are actually quite lucky that have survived for centuries. We would be foolish not to take advantage of this, during these difficult times.
- Today, the practical medical traditions of our country, after the furious attack that faced during the last 50 years from the modern scientific Medicine, are more vulnerable than ever, coming down to the edge of extinction. We are obliged to give a new breath to this rich folk wisdom, to study it, record it, talk about it, teach it and spread it all over the world, and finally to transfer it intact to our children.
All participants in the Conference believe that these three reasons are too imperative to allow us to stay indifferent. This is why we participate with papers, presentations, studies and any other means possible to revive, to record, to reveal probably for the first time, all the wealth of the ancient knowledge found in the Traditional Hellenic Medicine. This Conference is addressed to medical doctors, nurses, midwives, physiotherapists, alternative or practical therapists, homeopathy doctors, acupuncturists, reflexologists, aromatherapists, herbalists, etc. The Conference is not supported by any pharmaceutical company and so the participants are free to express their views, in the name of the truth.
The subjects in the Conference include:
- Pre-hippocratic Medicine.
- Hippocrates, Galen, Dioscorides and other ancient Greek physicians.
- Timaios and the Platonic Work.
- Nicolaos Ieropais, Agapios and later Greek physicians.
- The influences of the Greek Medicine in all the major medical traditions (Traditional Persian Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda, Unani Tibb, Tibetan Medicine).
- Practical healers of Ioannina region.
- Post-byzantine medical texts (iatrosofia).
- Monasterial Medicine.
- Cupping (bleeding etc.), leeches, apitherapy, massage, herbs and formulas, thermal waters, physical exercise, traditional Hellenic diet.
- Practical medicine’s view of the pandemic and the proposed formulas.
- The recognition and registration of the Traditional Hellenic Medicine by the Greek State.
- Training in the Traditional Hellenic Medicine.
- The spread of the Traditional Hellenic Medicine to the world.
Whoever wishes to participate in the Conference with their own presentation is called to select one or more of these subjects and send it written or recorded to the organizing committee until March 1st, 2021. There is no limit to the number of words.
The Conference will take place in the Web, on March 25th, 2021, at 10:00. All these that wish to follow the Conference should link for free through the dedicated site on www.akadimia.gr.
AKADIMIA OF ANCIENT GREEK AND TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE-LIFELONG LEARNING CENTER
- NATURAL HEALTH SCIENCE (NHS) – LIFELONG LEARNING CENTER
- HOLISTIC LIFE MAGAZINE, ETRA PUBLISHERS
- HELLENIC SOCIETY OF CHINESE MEDICINE
- BEAUTIFUL LIFE
- PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE AND HUMANISTIC STUDIES
- INSTITUTE FOR THE PRESERVATION OF MEDICAL TRADITIONS
- HELLENIC ASSOCIATION OF ACUPUNCTURE & CHINESE MEDICINE
- ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL REFLEXOLOGISTS
- Tilikidis, Alexandros, MD Physical Medicine, acupuncturist, herbalist.
- Tritakis, Vasilios, MD, acupuncturist.
- Samaridis, Nikos, Agriculture Science, herbalist.
- Grivas, Constantinos, Agriculture Science, acupuncturist, herbalist.
- Papadosifos, Giorgos, physiotherapist, acupuncturist.
- Stasinopoulou, Panagiota, MD Pathology, acupuncturist.
- Sioufas, Marinos, physiotherapist, acupuncturist.
- Periferakis, Konstantinos, Medical Biopathologist, acupuncturist.
- Dimitrakoulas, Spyros, reflexologist, hand therapist.
- Tilikidis, Alexandros.
- Grivas, Constantinos.
INTERNATIONAL ADVISOR COMMITTEE
- Ted Kaptchuk, O.M.D, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School.
- Paul Unschuld, Professor and Director of Horst-Goertz Institute, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
- Arman Zargaran, Assistant Professor of Traditional Pharmacy, School of Persian Medicine, Tehran Medical School, Persia.
- Siddhesh Bandekar, Ayurvedic Doctor, Goa, India.
- Prof. Dr. Alain Touwaide, Scientific Director, Institute for the Preservation of Medical Traditions.
- Prof. Zhang Yanjun, TCM, dean of the International Education College of Tianjin University of TCM.